Topics for Corporations, For-Profit, and Non-Profit Organizations
Economic, political and social issues:
1. The American economy: Its current situation and perspectives in the short run.
2. The role of immigration in the American economy.
3. Complementarities between economic growth and environmental sustainability in America.
4. Repercussions of the US recession in the world economy.
5. Economic interdependence between China and the US.
6. Globalization and America
7. If the American economy recession becomes a depression, how can American economic actors contribute to get out of it?
8. How to raise the morale of the employees.
9. The role of innovation and product differentiation in going from red to black numbers in accounting books.
Topics for Universities:
1. Talk, discussion and book signing about the book Havana Merida Chicago.
2. Poverty and its relationship with the command and market economies. The role of education to get out of poverty.
3. The American economy. Its current situation and perspectives in the short run.
4. The role of immigration in the American economy.
5. Complementarities between economic growth and environmental sustainability in America.
6. Repercussion of the US recession in the world economy.
7. Economic interdependence between China and the U.S.
8. Globalization and America. Pros and cons. Role of the World Trade Organization and the International Monetary Fund.
9. If the American economy recession becomes a depression, how can American economic actors contribute to get out of it?
10. The emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) and their roles in the world economy.
11. The oil price and the world economy.
12. Scenarios for the Cuban transition to the market economy.
13. Why Fidel Castro has completed half a century as a leader of Cuba despite of its systematically and growingly precarious economic situation.
14. The economic, political, psychological, social, and religious repercussions of left wing governments on the countries they control.
15. Perpetuation in power and left wing leadership.
Responsible management of household finances:
1. Managing credit
2. Balancing options among savings, payment of debts, and investments
3. Renting vs. owning a home
4. Managing retirement options
List of universities where I have offered talks about the book and book signings:
Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, PA – approximately 300 students, faculty and staff
Robert Morris University, Moon Township, PA – approximately 30 students, faculty and staff
Northeastern University, Chicago, IL – approximately 50 students, faculty and staff
DePaul University, Chicago, IL – approximately 80 students
List of companies where I have offered lectures:
Royal Prestige, Bensenville, IL – 325 employees (inspirational lecture about perseverance and the book)
Fox Valley Forge, Aurora, IL – 75 workers, staff and executives (inspirational lecture about perseverance and the book)
NASCUS – National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors – Arlington, VA – lecture about the situation of the U.S. economy and its world wide repercussion
NSHMBA – National Society of Hispanic MBAs, Chicago Chapter
New Edge Group (Stock Exchange Financial Group)
List of Hispanic non for-profit organizations where I have offered lectures:
Erie Neighborhood House
Instituto del Progreso Latino